Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Please send us your translations, interpretations, and a/v recordings of our central ICAN documents

We have people and schools in many countries throughout the world-- ICAN Representatives--prepared to record their reading of ICAN's Declaration of Responsibility and the LIVE School's Sharing and Learning Pledge in their own dialect, language, and with a background that represents their country, culture and personal identity. Become part of the exciting process today by offering your translation, your video file, your sound file, your interpretation of the Declaration of Responsibility or Sharing and Learning Pledge--all of which will be posted on our YouTube page, on our under-construction website, our Facebook page, and this, our central, blog.


Please join our ranks today and sign your Global Declaration of Responsibility!


A Global Declaration of Responsibility

As an Active Member of the World Community Contributing to our Global Family, I Declare:

• Everyone has the inalienable right to clean water, nutritious food, sustainable shelter, and access to a quality education regardless of nationality, race, religion, ethnic identity, age, gender, or disability.

• I can and will view education as a birthright. Shared knowledge enriches us all. I will contribute to and benefit from the volunteer educator created and owned, free, virtual ICAN schools.

• I can and will build sharing partnerships within ICAN schools, communities, and organizations throughout the world.

• I can and will make a lasting change in people’s lives globally through sponsorship of and volunteering for ICAN supported programs and projects.

• I can and will develop international solidarity, sharing partnerships, and new perspectives within the ICAN Human Family Forums.

• I can and will share at least 3 cents a day to help support schools in need and increase educational opportunities, promote sustainable living and working environments, and build honest, fair, and positive relationships worldwide.

I am an enthusiastic member of the International Children’s Awareness Network!

Signed, _________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________


The ICAN Sharing and Learning Pledge

I  pledge to:

*Be part of a human family in which all the world’s children are my brothers and sisters.

*Help children that have less than I do to live in safe houses, eat nutritious food, and drink clean water.

*Share what I learn in school or from my family with others in the ICAN Afterschool Club.

*Be kind to everyone I meet no matter what country they live in, what color their skin is, what religion they are, or whether they are a boy or a girl.

*Learn from my teachers and family how to read and write, and help other ICAN students discover the fun and power of reading and writing.

*Learn from other students and their teachers through the ICAN LIVE School and Library.

*Offer my friendship and write to ICAN students in other countries to help the world learn to get along by my good example.

*Dream big, play games, and learn new things every single day.

*Believe that understanding and sharing can lead to a bright future for our world family.

I am a sharing and learning ICAN student!
Signed,
                X_________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment